3 Nights Volcanoes National Park
Program at a glance
|DAY 1||SABYINYO SILVERBACK LODGE||Fullboard||Airport transfer, city tour|
|DAY 2||SABYINYO SILVERBACK LODGE||Fullboard||Gorilla tracking|
|DAY 3||SABYINYO SILVERBACK LODGE||Fullboard||Gorilla and Golden Monkey tracking|
|DAY 4||DEPART||Airport transfer|
Program in detail
DAY 01:ARRIVAL – KIGALI – VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK
Meet and Greet Services by our representative, outside the Airport Arrivals section.
After a short briefing, embark on a morning sight-seeing tour of Kigali City.
At the end of the city tour, enjoy lunch at one of Kigali’s popular restaurants.
After lunch, depart and drive north-west of the country to the Ruhengeri area – at the foothills of the Volcanoes Mountains. (94km, 2.5hrs)
Arrive in the late afternoon, dinner and overnight at Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge
DAY 02: VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK
Early breakfast at your lodge.
After breakfast, you will be transferred to the park headquarters for registration of your gorilla trek and allocation of the particular gorilla family to visit.
Your trek starts in the cultivated foothills of the Virunga’s offering stirring views in all directions. Trekking can take from two to six or more hours if the gorillas move before the park rangers locate them the next morning.
The guides stop frequently to allow trekkers a chance to rest and take photos along the way.
Upon sighting the gorillas, you will stay with them for a magical one-hour as they go about their daily life, feeding, playing,resting; raising their young.
Coming face to face with a giant silverback must truly be one of the greatest wildlife experiences on earth!
The Ultimate Experience!!
• A Walking Stick is provided at the start-point – to help steady your trekking.
• Porters are also available – to help carry your water bottle/hand luggage and/or even hold hand in slippery/steep sections(this is at a minimal charge of US$10 per person, payable at the end)
At the end of the trek, rejoin your driver-guide and transfer back to your lodge for freshening-up and lunch.
Afternoon is at leisure – to simply relax at your lodge, or take up one of the optional activities
Dinner and overnight at Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge
DAY 03: VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK
Breakfast at your lodge.
Morning at leisure – one with nature under the shadows of the Volcanoes Mountains, with opportunity for a second gorilla trek or other of the optional activities available;
Or take up the Golden Monkey trekking – the only other member of the primates species residing in the volcanoes.
All meals at Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge
Overnight at Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge.
DAY 04:VOLCANOES – KIGALI – DEPART
Breakfast at your lodge.
Morning or afternoon (depending on your outbound flight schedule), return to Kigali – driving down the foothills of the volcanoes, on the scenic but winding road and through the beautiful, rolling hills. (94km, 2.5hrs)
Everything and everywhere, sheer green and hanging on the hills; Rwanda truly – land of a thousand fertile green hills.
END OF SERVICES
The Volcanoes area is located at an altitude of over 2,400 meters above sea level.It is extremely chilly in the early mornings and evenings – warm clothing is therefore necessary. While trekking, it can rain unexpectedly – it is necessary therefore to have:
• Water-proof clothing (jacket, with hood + trousers);
• Water-proof Zip-Lock bags for Cameras/Film/Passports/Money, e.t.c.;
• Hand Gloves (warm and water-proof), to keep hands off from rain and dripping vegetation; as well as protect from stinging nettles
• Hiking boots – with good mud-grip are most appropriate (shoes/boots of clothing materialwill certainly become wet and uncomfortable.
• Gaiters – to protect your trek trouser legs and boots against mud/wetness;
• Sun glasses not necessary during the trek;
• Any valuables (carried on the person and not necessary during the trek), may be entrustedwith your driver-guide for safe-keeping for the duration of the trek.
Prices in USD
High season (June – March) –
Low season (April – May) –
GORILLA PERMIT cost NOT included in above quote.
The applicable cost is:
a) US$750per Permit per Day (Foreign Non-Resident);
b) US$450per Permit per Day (Foreign Resident, in East Africa);
c) US$300 per Permit per Day (East African Citizen).
NB: Gorilla permits are only confirmed upon payment of a deposit – Non-Refundable;
The balance is payable 60 days before trekking date
Main Quote Includes:
• Airport Arrival + Departure transfers and assistance;
• Kigali City Tour on Day 01; (inclusive of applicable fees)
• Extra Lunch on Day 01, after the city tour;
• 03Nights Accommodation at the Volcanoes, on Full-Board basis;
• Private Transport in a 4×4 Land-cruiser;
• Services of an English/French-Speaking Driver-Guide;
• Bottled Drinking Water during the safari (in the vehicle) and while trekking;
• All taxes on the services quoted above.
Main Quote Excludes:
• Meals and beverages, other than specified;
• Gorilla Trek Permit; (Cost given separately from main quote)
• Any other sight-seeing activities or accommodation, other than indicated;
• International, regional and local Airfares + Airport taxes;
• Passport and visa fees and service charges for obtaining visas;
• Gratuities to driver/guides and other conveyance attendants;
• Laundry and other items of a personal nature such drinks, telephone calls, e.t.c.;
• Cost of any other item/s not specifically mentioned or listed above.